Now I am officially on maternity leave, I feel that I should probably get my hospital bag packed. After reading different peoples lists, I have narrowed mine down a little as some of the lists were so extensive you would need a good couple of suitcases to fit everything in!
We have 3 bags, one for me, one for Chris and one for the baby!
So in my bag I have decided to pack:
- Birth plan/notes
- Loose fitting PJs
- Dressing gown and slippers
- Change of clothes
- A pack of big knickers from Primark!
- A large pack of maternity pads
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, face wipes, lip balm and a hair brush
- Still Lucosade and a few sugary snacks
- Nursing bra
- Camera and charger
- Money for car park
- Comfortable clothes
- 4 baby sleepsuits
- Nappies x 10 (size 1)
- Scratch mitts
- Going home outfit
- Cotton wool balls
- Muslin squares
It does seem like a lot but compared to some of the lists I have seen it’s actually quite minimal.
Everything has suddenly started to feel very real now.
5 weeks to go!